The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It directs and coordinates the international relief activities conducted by the Movement in situations of conflict. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles. Established in 1863, the ICRC is at the origin of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
The ICRC Delegation in Azerbaijan is seeking candidate, male or female, for the position of:
Minimum required knowledge & experience:
• Current undergraduate or graduate student is required (both full and part time students) as well as students within one year of graduation from a university or other accredited institution of higher education at the graduate or postgraduate level
• Very good knowledge of spoken and written English
• Good computer literacy
• Good rigor, method and analytical skills
• Treat information confidentially
Standard function description:
Under direct supervision of the Delegation Assistant, the intern will perform the following assignments and duties:
• Set up the special stationery database, create all inventory list of items with barcodes, as well as ensure delivery and order of stationery items, manage stationery stock
• Execute secretarial tasks: registration of incoming/outgoing paper mail, send and receive bordereau/pouch to Barda, Geneva and other ICRC sites
• Execute administrative and office work (no more than 30% of time) including support in archiving process of institutional files
• Perform other assignments as agreed with the supervisor
• Update Contacts Database, including Management list of interlocutors, end of year greeting cards list
• Upon request, translate non-institutional correspondence from English into Azerbaijani and vice versa
This is a non-paid internship, however the ICRC will offer a small allowance to cover daily commuting expenses.
Upon completion of the internship, subject to satisfactory performance, a certificate will be issued.
Undertaking an internship with the ICRC shall under no circumstances be considered as a commitment to future employment with the ICRC.
If you consider to have all the necessary qualifications and the ability to take over the designed tasks, please send your CV, a motivation letter in English, Letter of recommendation, and Transcript of academic studies to the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line indicating “Intern”.
Deadline for receiving CVs: 14th September, 2017
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For additional information, please consult the ICRC website: www.icrc.org