Full time regular,
- Actively ensure that your own health & safety and the health & safety of all fellow workers are preserved at all times.
- Wear proper PPE while on the work site or in the base. Ensure that the PPE is neat and tidy and proper company issue.
- Be fully aware of and work in compliance with the requirements of all relevant company and / or customer HSE handbooks, HSE procedures, emergency procedures and Permit to Work systems.
- Be aware of and conversant with incident, near miss and hazard reporting procedures as described in the HSE Procedures Manual.
- Report all accidents, incidents, near misses or any unsafe conditions. Take necessary steps to prevent damage to property, plant, equipment and or the environment.
- Be fully aware of and conversant with the company’s Standard Practices and ensure that all work is carried out to these standards.
- Read, understand and adhere to job specific procedures, method statements and risk assessments.
- Be fully aware and understand the customer’s Permit To Work system and raise the appropriate permits as necessary before work is done.
- Carry out pre-job engineering as required by the Project Manager/Operations Manager
- Prepare equipment and load-out lists as required by the Project Manager/Operations Manager
- Ensure that all equipment being loaded out is fit for purpose and in good working order.
- Carry out duties in the field without supervision and in accordance with instructions issued by the Project Manager/Operations Manager.
- Carry out general maintenance and pre-job checks to ensure equipment is in good working order and fit for use.
- Operate equipment in accordance with the company’s equipment operating procedures.
- Supervise the rig up / down of equipment and carry out pre- and post-job checks in compliance with job specific/HSE procedures and Permit to Work systems.
- Prepare systems for the proposed work scope. Check system line up and complete valve isolation check sheets prior to starting. Report any conflict or deviation from the procedure to the company / client representative.
- Inform the Project Manager immediately of any changes to the procedures, of any verbal instructions received from the client and of any equipment faults.
- Record all field data necessary for complete job reporting.
- Ensure all paperwork is complete and is presented to the client for signing on a timely basis, i.e., daily or weekly.
- Ensure Project Manager/Operations Manager is notified of any changes to site or system conditions and any requests from the Client to deviate from approved procedures.
- No changes are to be made to approved procedures without specific instruction from BHI person in charge and ensure that any changes are handled in line with the company’s Management of Change process.
- Keep Project Manager/Operations Manager informed at all times of the equipment status and any faults which may occur.
- Liaise with the client, hold (or participate in) and record Pre-Job Safety Meetings, Toolbox Talks and Shift Handovers.
- Understand, carry out and record a risk assessment for any given task.
- Ensure that proper shift handovers are performed and recorded and that all personnel on shift are briefed on the work that is to be undertaken.
- Keep the Project Manager/Operations Manager fully informed on a regular basis of how the job is progressing.
- Prepare equipment for demobilisation from site without supervision. Ensure that all equipment being demobilised is properly packed for shipment and that all equipment, tools and materials brought to location returns. Ensure that equipment being demobilised is properly manifested and has been checked off against the outward manifest. Any shortages must be noted on the Daily Operations / Progress Report / Equipment Timesheet and, if applicable, charged for.
- Contact the Project Manager/Operations Manager immediately upon returning from the field and ensure that you are contactable at all times.
- Perform ad hoc duties in the base as instructed by the Project Manager/Operations Manager.
- Attend training courses as scheduled by the Project Manager/Operations Manager.
- Assist in the training of junior company personnel as required.
- Actively promote and maintain the good name and image of Baker Hughes.
- Ensure that a high level of personal hygiene, grooming and attire is maintained at all times.
- Carry out other tasks and duties as directed by management.
- Along with abovementioned main responsibilities, employee in this position is obliged:
- Take care about health and safety of himself and surrounding people in the course of work or during presence in company premises
- Know and follow workplace H&S, firefighting, internal discipline and work time regulation rules
- Know and follow the requirements of standard acts on OHS, rules on handling office equipment in the workplace, use means of collective and individual protection
- Observe the requirements of information security, business etiquette and confidentiality of business information
- Take care of company image.
- University Degree in Engineering or Applied Science required;
- 3+ years’ experience in PPS industry.
- Experience of working on major projects internationally
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Good communications skills, written and oral.
- A minimum of four years field experience.
- Have taken the BJ courses necessary for the Service Supervisor 2 level.
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership skills.
APPLY : https://bakerhughes.taleo.net/careersection/bhiexternal/jobdetail.ftl?job=1706751