Job Title: Rig Manager
Location: Onshore, Baku
A vacancy, available only for Azerbaijan citizens, has arisen for the Rig Manager who is reporting to the Operations Manager and responsible for the efficient, cost effective management along with the control of operations on the drilling installations under his authority and the safety of all employees working thereon.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (but not be limited to)
• Manage the operations assigned to them and ensure that they meet contractual quality and performance criteria.
• Supervise those to whom they delegate responsibility, and to ensure the effective operation of supporting services under their control or provided by departments within the Company.
• Ensure that all well programmes are executed properly, efficiently, safely and in accordance with Company, Client and relevant Country regulations and guidelines.
• Liaise at all times with their Operations Manager on all key issues in a timely and appropriate manner.
• Conduct technical reviews of drilling programmes, ensuring that any improvements, concerns or remedial actions required are brought to the attention of the client.
• Assist in maintaining a staff succession and nationalisation plan for Group personnel.
• Promote safe working practices and accident prevention in all areas under their authority and that these are brought to the attention of his operations.
• Ensure accurate recording and reporting of all problem events including accidents/incidents.
• Ensure the rigs are maintained in accordance with industry standards and that all mandatory and other operating certificates are maintained up to date.
• To advise management on matters affecting the interpretation of the contracts affecting rigs under their control and to deal with day-to-day contractual matters as directed.
• Review the performance evaluation of the personnel on the rig in terms of contracted requirements.
• Liaise and support offshore supervisors in terms of human resource utilisation and development.
• Initiate investigations and remedial actions on equipment, structural or system failures affecting the rigs under his authority.
• Ensure the timely requisition of all materials, equipment and services to the correct specification for the execution of well operations.
• Manage the annual budget for their operations and strive to meet the financial targets set by the Company.
Educational and Experience Requirements
• Recognized industry apprenticeship/ Relevant trade papers.
• 10+ years of experience as Rig Superintendent Offshore.
• Minimum of 20 years of offshore Oil Field experience/ Cyber Rig Experience.
• Valid Well Control IWCF Supervisor’s Level certificate.
• Safe 2 Lead.
Other Special Requirements
• Excellent English language and computer skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Time Management & People Management skills.
• Ability to coach and mentor others.
If you feel you have the skills, experience and approach necessary to perform this role please apply in writing or email, attaching an up to date CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st May 2017.
Important: Please reflect the name of applied position in the subject of email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted