Title: SENIOR PROJECT CONTROLS ENGINEER
Department: Project Controls
The senior project controls engineer will be located in the Contractors office and is responsible for evaluating the project controls and estimating deliverables of the Contractor. The first phase will be the FEED & OBCE phase where the main responsibilities will be related to the estimate schedule and evaluation the OBCE deliverables.
During the second phase (EPC) the focus will shift to the evaluation of the Contractors engineering and procurement schedule performance and cost management of the lump sum price in close liaison with the contract manager.
• Oversight of all activities executed by Contractor related to project accounting, cost estimating, cost control, and project planning;
• Analyze the estimating schedule related to the OBCE on all activities and status;
• Coordination of gate reviews on the development of the OBCE;
• Oversight of mentioned disciplines during project execution by Contractor with special care for consistency of the work breakdown structure, coding structures (planning and estimating), engineering and procurement activities on the project;
• Oversight adherence to adequate procedures for estimating, project controls, and progress measurement as laid down in Contractors project execution and quality plans;
• Closely liaison with project controls manager in relationship to the management of material and equipment deliverables managed by Contractor during the EPC phase;
• Coordination of reviews on Contractors Monthly Progress Report;
• Ensure timely issue of all estimating and project controls deliverables by Contractor and to project- and corporate management;
• Trending and ensure early warning of OBCE cost variances;
• Early warning of possible contract variations and advise project management on what impact such variations may have on time, money, and quality;
• Review, comment and approve Contractors project controls plans and procedures.
• Participate in Evaluation and Negotiations with Bidders for OBCE
• Detailed knowledge of design, procurement, and construction / field service processes and their inherent cost
• Knowledgeable, experienced and proficient with:
Estimating database tools used by Contractor and SOCAR Polymer in house applications;
Preferable scheduling, risk analysis software.
• Proficiency in estimating, planning / scheduling, and cost management principles and methods including:
Change management systems and procedures;
Work Breakdown Structures;
Operational Breakdown Structures;
Earned value system and performance measurement.
• Strong communication skills
• Fluency in Azerbaijani and English
• Ability to travel and stay for long durations abroad
• Planning and organizing
• Time management
• Target orientation
• Team Orientation
• Creativity and flexibility
• High Initiative and proactivity
Education and experience
• University degree in related field.
• 10+ years of project controls experience;
• 3+ years supervisory / management experience;
• 3+ years in executing large projects
• Experienced in expediting coordination discipline information
Interested candidates should submit CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the position applying for in the Subject line.
All applications for the advertised post will be assessed and given equal opportunities.
Application closing date: June 12, 2017