WorleyParsons has been delivering engineering and project management services to the global hydrocarbons industry for over sixty years. Our full-scope global project services span the entire asset lifecycle from the initial conceptual phase of major Greenfield developments to ongoing asset services and brownfield modifications projects.
WorleyParsons has been awarded a five year contract for Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management services for BP-operated assets in Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey.
We are currently looking for an experienced Principal Civil and Structural Engineer to join our Baku office.
• The Principal Civil / Structural Engineer shall have the ability to carry out the engineering analysis and design of Civil and Structural systems of Oil and Gas projects. This includes projects, such as, buildings, roads & drainage, river crossings, Pipe racks, Pipe supports, Sleepers, Structures and above ground facilities, temporary structures.
• The Principal Civil /Structural Engineer will ensure the design is in accordance with the applicable internationally recognized project approved codes of practice and BP engineering specifications, using analysis computer software’s such as STAAD Pro, MATHCAD, manual calculations and experience, sufficient knowledge in NAVISWORK, AUTOCAD etc.
• The Principal Engineer shall have adequate experience to adopt a practical approach to engineering/design for remediation works and be familiar with the requirements/interactions of other engineering and design disciplines.
KEY Accountabilities Of Position:
• Coordination, Design, Analysis and implementation of Civil / Structural engineering activities.
• Responsible for safe working practices both personally and for the Civil / Structural engineers and designers in the team, using the WorleyParsons One-way framework.
• Responsible for personal safety and safe working practices. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
• Develop positive client, contractor/sub-contractor and project relationships.
• Provide input to the construction management of pipeline remediation works.
• Prepare Scope of Work,
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to work autonomously.
• Respond site queries.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent knowledge of Industry design codes especially AISC, ACI, ASCE, and Eurocodes.
• Be fully conversant with seismic and environmental analysis theory, design fundamentals and construction methodology.
• Understand above ground installation (AGI) designs covering launcher and receiver stations, block valve stations (BVSs).
• Direct the development of and review all civil and structural design drawings; including site specific designs, layouts and typical details.
• Experience in design, construction and remediation requirements of onshore and offshore facilities.
• Experience in design and engineering to minimize field installation and commissioning activities.
• Capable of assessing conceptual solutions to civil and structural engineering problems and improvements within the social and economic constraints.
• Experience and knowledge of using analysis tools such as SACS, STAAD Pro, Mathcad, etc…
• Develop optimum solutions for heavy lifts, transportation of equipment to remote work areas, repairs to river crossings.
• Knowledge and experience in the engineering of structural supports for vessels, packaged equipment, large rotating equipment and pipelines.
• Field experience in installation and construction activities to reduce installation time and reduce risks for safety during execution.
• Experience in checking isomeric drawings and ensuring structural supports requirements are incorporated.
• Review and checking of the technical content of 3rd party equipment packages and structural steel.
• Technical support and input to the procurement team with regards to any packages ordered for civil and structural materials.
• Reviews of bid documents from EPC Contractors and preparation of evaluation reports.
• Substantial experience in the Oil & Gas industry.
• Proven ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Experience in coordinating a team of civil/structural engineers and designers.
• Experience of working in a multicultural, multi-disciplined, multi-site work share environment.
• Ability to work in a team environment and coordinate with other discipline lead engineers.
• Experience in working with large multinational oil and gas companies.
• Computer skills in relevant packages including databases, spreadsheets and word processing packages.
• Well-developed report writing and public speaking skills.
• Resolve complex engineering issues and problems and provide cost effective solutions.
• Ability to determine the advantages and disadvantages and relative costs of alternative design concepts and establish preferred concepts. Demonstrating continual improvement in the execution of work.
• Understanding of design deliverables required for Conceptual, FEED and Detailed Design, establishing appropriate level of detail and checking required for each phase.
• Competently review and comment on vendor data for a wide range of equipment and packages and, demonstrate the ability to plan and implement design activities to allow timely availability of and incorporation of vendor information into the design.
• Competently prepare proposals and reports, schedule and plan work effectively and, consistently complete work within budgeted hours.
• Proactive approach in managing design activities to reduce overall project costs and durations.
• Initiate and participate in short-range and/or long-range planning and make independent decisions on engineering policies and procedures within the overall program.
• Promote cost reduction and productivity enhancing initiatives.
• Can mentor young engineers who would like to learn engineering calculations and methodologies.
• Understands how the business delivers value to shareholders, what drives profitability and what increases growth.
• Able to make difficult decisions and manage others in changing business conditions.
• Excellent people management skills such as leadership, team, interpersonal, coaching, mentoring and supervisory skills. Must be able to build, motivate, develop and manage an effective team.
• Excellent management skills including the ability to plan, set goals; and manage time, priorities, resources, accountabilities, schedules and cost.
• Understands WorleyParsons Vision and purpose, translates it into team goals and objectives, and gains team commitment to achieving those goals and objectives.
• Effectively manages and resolves conflict between individuals and/or groups.
• Negotiates successful outcomes that achieve the required objectives and have the support and acceptance of all parties.
• Pro-active, goal oriented with excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent customer focus and able to consistently meet WorleyParsons and its client’s needs.
• Effectively manages change to work tasks and the work environment, and assists others with adapting to change.
• A person of integrity who is trusted by others and consistently honours their commitments.
• Able to identify issues, problems and opportunities; make timely decisions; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to convey information and ideas to individuals and groups, and make presentations when required.
• Demonstrates initiative and a willingness to learn and continuously improve on performance.
• Able to work on multiple projects of various size and complexity.
• Able to work effectively in small to large multi-disciplinary teams, and share and transfer knowledge within teams.
• Extensive technical and practical experience in discipline engineering.
• Approximately 10 years, with a minimum of 5 years experience in either a senior engineering position in the hydrocarbons sectors and at least 5 years in an engineering role.
Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
• A recognised degree in the relevant discipline or equivalent.
• Postgraduate qualifications in the relevant discipline; management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent experience.
• Desirable to have registration as a chartered engineer with the Institution of Engineers, preferably at Fellow level.
• Demonstrate behaviour and business practices commensurate with a culture of world’s best health, safety and environmental performance.
• Assist in developing, communicating, implementing and regularly review systems, strategies, standards and processes (including environmental plans or health management programs) that:
i. Minimise the potential impact of work activities or work sites managed by WorleyParsons on the environment;
ii. Manage the impact of work activities or work sites managed by WorleyParsons on the environment;
iii. Manage recovery from environmental incident;
iv. Promote safe, healthy and environmentally friendly workplaces and behaviour, including workplaces not managed by WorleyParsons and behaviour when not at work;
• Manage workplace illness and injury.
• Acquire and maintain sufficient knowledge and awareness of the workplace environment to identify and manage work hazards and incidents.
• Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to:
i. personal well-being;
ii. healthy and safe workplaces and activities; and
iii. continuously improve WorleyParsons health, safety and environmental performance.
• Demonstrate the behaviour and business practices outlined in WorleyParsons Vision, codes, policies, procedures and standards (Processes). Implement these Processes, ensure personnel have access to them, regularly undertake reviews to assess compliance, and refer serious breaches to the relevant person or committee.
• Comply and keep up-to-date with the behaviour and business practices outlined in WorleyParsons Processes, and with all applicable laws, regulations and standards.
• Select personnel who share WorleyParsons values, beliefs and a commitment to the OneWay Vision, and who demonstrate the expected behaviour, competencies and performance associated with their role or task.
• Encourage a team based work environment that leverages the expertise and knowledge of the team and nurtures a climate of care and trust.
• Deliver quality services and demonstrate a commitment to understand and meet customer needs.
• Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to achieving the OneWay Vision and its associated requirements.
• Travel as required, including travel related to projects and to maintain links with other WorleyParsons offices.
• Act in the best interests of WorleyParsons at all times.
• Perform any other duties that are reasonably required from time to time.
Location Specific Requirements:
• Selection of any expatriate is on the expectation that, in addition to their technical responsibilities, they will actively support the development of nationals and our local content strategies.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the subject line please indicate job title.