Job Title: Planning Engineer
A vacancy has arisen for a Planning Engineer position within RDS as part of the onshore Business Unit.
The Planning Engineer will report to Project Services Team Leader.
Planning Engineer is responsible for the provision of a proactive planning service for specific RDS projects.
Skills and Experience:
• Develop & maintain a high level of proficiency in the principals of planning tools.
• Provide skills applicable to data development through Planning Software & MS Office application suite as utilized by RDS planning.
• Ensure quality planning reports are produced for specific RDS contracts for both internal & external Clients.
• Contribute, where necessary, to contract & project specific review meetings.
• Ensure smooth running of project planning function, dealing with ad-hoc issues, escalating where necessary to the Project Engineer/Senior Project Engineer.
• Ensure all Planning is conducted according to RDS Planning Procedures.
• Produce & distribute all required project planning reports.
• Check project estimates from a man-hour perspective to ensure accuracy and completeness, liaise with Project Engineer/Senior Project Engineer.
• Assist with coaching & training of less experienced personnel within RDS Maintenance team.
• Measure & report performance of project planning functions on a weekly basis.
• Attend all meetings as directed by Project Engineer/Senior Project Engineer.
• Interface with other functions to assist planning management process.
• Maintain & engender good Client relationships at all times.
• Provide auditable back-up in a consistent manner for all planning activities.
• Maintain project planning filing system in accordance with RDS project corporate numbering system, where appropriate.
• Assist in project specific planning audits as required by management.
• Assist Maintenance Project Engineer/Senior Project Engineer with any ad-hoc requirements, as directed.
• Travel as required, to client or subcontractor offices & worksites.
• Hold a high quality of written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent English skills.
• Microsoft Office programs (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel Skills).
• Microsoft Project Planning.
• Work Experience in Planning.
If you feel you have the skills, experience and approach necessary to perform this role please apply in writing or email, attaching an up to date CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 09th of June 2017.
Important: Please reflect the name of applied position in the subject of email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.