EnerMech is looking for Contract Support Engineer for its Crane and Lifting Department.
The successful candidate will need to have the following skills set:
• Engineering qualification (HNC or equivalent or above)
• 5 years’ experience in a similar position, one of which should be in the area of cranes/lifting
The duties will include but not be limited to,
• Management of the Offshore based personnel for specific assets
• Liaise between client’s onshore and offshore representatives.
• Participate fully as a member of the EnerMech Contracts department and the clients’ maintenance team.
• Preparation of detailed workpacks and schedules.
• Liaise with all company departments to ensure those services are available to support these plans.
• Ensure that statutory compliance with (LOLER, HSE, Performance Standards, Safety Case, etc).
• Assist in preparation of invoices, proposals and quotations.
• Assist in the compilation of monthly and quarterly management and technical reports.
• Travel to client’s onshore and offshore facilities to carry out site surveys and projects as required.
• Ensure that all works are carried out in accordance with EnerMech safety and quality management systems.
• Minimise crane downtime by providing spares, equipment, personnel in a timely and planned manner
• Management of onshore repairs and refurbishments of BP spares for specific asset
• Management of platform spares and wire ropes both offshore and onshore
• Interrogation and successful implementation of Maximo on a weekly basis
• Lead adhoc projects for specific platforms/cranes
• Other duties as directed by the contracts manager commensurate with incumbent’s abilities, training and experience.
Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental Responsibilities:
• To read and understand the clients and company’s QHSE Policy and procedures.
• To read and understand the clients and company’s Safety Policy and be familiar with the safety management system.
• To provide for their personnel, safe and environmentally sound methods of work and systems which identify hazards at each place of work.
• Be familiar with relevant legislation, codes of practice, guidance notes and good industry practice.
• To monitor performance in relation to the annual strategic objectives and report this infor-mation to the BP Contract Focal Point.
• Plan, organise and document their work processes to deliver the required standard with minimum risk to personnel, plant, materials and the environment.
• Give company personnel and subcontractors precise instruction in order to implement safe methods of work and predefined communication lines between client and company.
• Encourage personnel engaged on the contract to develop an acceptable safety and environmental culture, which encourages near-miss, BP BOSS card system and incident reporting.
• To be alert to any inadequacies of the effectiveness of the management system and to bring such inadequacies to the attention of line management.
• Ensure that accidents / incidents are immediately reported and that UOR reports are raised and forwarded to the QHSE & BP Contract Focal Point
• Single point of contact for all client issues for specific assets
• Responsible for planning and co-ordinating between client and company all offshore activities
• Responsible for the co-ordination of all EnerMech departments & divisions in order to achieve the stated goals
• Responsible for timely presentation of quotations and invoices.
• To ensure the ongoing provision of Crane Maintenance and Management Systems.
• Collate and/ or enter data into maintenance management systems where access is given; i.e MAXIMO
• To lead in all Adhoc projects related to specific platforms, including cost management
• To control expenditure to minimise and account for variance from project budgets.
• To develop and implement innovative ideas to reduce operating costs and/ or increase crane availability.
• To advise platform supervisors of the latest materials and techniques which are available to overcome specific operational and maintenance problem areas.
• To utilise the clients Maintenance Management system
Communication / Reporting:
• Effectively communicate with BP Contract Focal Point, EnerMech Departments, Offshore Supervisors, Offshore staff and the client.
• Ensure that all operational, technical, financial and incident reports are accurate and completed in a timely manner.
• Participate, as necessary in pre mobilisation briefings as and when required as circumstances dictate.
• Participate in all aspects of current and future change processes.
Interested candidates should send their CVs to the email address below: email@example.com with the position title in subject.
Deadline for application is 10th of May 2017