WorleyParsons has been delivering engineering and project management services to the global hydrocarbons industry for over sixty years. Our full-scope global project services span the entire asset lifecycle from the initial conceptual phase of major Greenfield developments to ongoing asset services and brownfield modifications projects.
WorleyParsons has been awarded a five year contract for Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management services for BP-operated assets in Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey.
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Telecommunication Engineer to join our Baku office.
• The engineer shall have the ability to carry out engineering design of telecom systems in Oil and Gas projects and ensure the design is in accordance with IEC / NFPA / IP codes of practice and BP Engineer specifications and experience. The Engineer shall have adequate experience to adopt a practical approach to telecommunication and network problems and be familiar with the requirements/interactions of other engineering and design disciplines.
KEY Accountabilities Of Position:
• Coordination and implementation of telecommunication engineering activities.
• Responsible for safe working practices both personally and for the Telecom designers in the team, using the WorleyParsons One-way framework.
• Responsible for personal safety and safe working practices. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
• Develop positive client and project relationships.
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to work autonomously.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Knowledge of Industry telecom Codes especially NFPA / IEC / IP.
• Experience in telecom network system as per client requirement.
• Substantial experience in the Oil & Gas industry and/or Petrochemical Industry.
• Proven ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Familiar with related codes and have a good working knowledge of the latest design codes and standards and analytical techniques used in the industry.
• Ability to Setup and manage the engineering and system integrator team to complete the Front End Engineering and Design, detail engineering, procurement and construction.
• Experience into manage the corporate telecom and IT department.
• Ability to develop complete telecom philosophy, Data Management philosophy, architecture and provide the fir for purpose solution using latest technology.
• Extensive knowledge of the ERP, PABX (IP/Hybrid), CCTV (Process & Security), LAN/WAN, WiF network, Network Security, SCADA, IP PABX, PAGA, Access Control and Perimeter Intrusion Detection system, Plant Structured Cabling, Fibre Optic Networks, PDH, SDH, Microwave Networks, VHF/UHF/HF radios, NDB, Weather Monitoring system, Fuel and Vehicle Management systems, Radio owners/Shelters, Telecoms Rooms and specialised plant automation systems for Onshore and Offshore applications
• Knowledge to develop FO layout, Telecom and IT room layouts, Telecom Block Diagrams, Telecom Cable Schedule
• Ability to work in a team environment and coordinate with telecom vendor.
• Has worked in a multicultural work share environment. Computer skills in relevant packages including databases spread sheets and word processing packages.
• Well-developed report writing skills.
• Experience in discipline specific databases and efficient use of word processing and spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
• Resolve complex, ambiguous or special cases not adequately covered by design guides.
• Ability to determine the advantages and disadvantages and relative costs of alternative design concepts and establish preferred concepts. Demonstrating continual improvement in the execution of work.
• Understanding of design deliverables required for Conceptual, FEED and Detailed Design, establishing appropriate level of detail and checking required for each phase.
• Competently review and comment on vendor data for a wide range of equipment and packages and, demonstrate the ability to plan and implement design activities to allow timely availability of and incorporation of vendor information into the design.
• Competently prepare proposals and reports, schedule and plan work effectively and, consistently complete work within budgeted hours.
• Proactive approach in managing design activities to reduce overall project costs and durations.
• Initiate and participate in short-range and/or long-range planning and make independent decisions on engineering policies and procedures within the overall program.
• Promote cost reduction and productivity enhancing initiatives.
• Can mentor younger engineer.
• Minimum of 10 years + experience in Telecom Engineering.
Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
• Degree in Electronic/ Telecom Engineering.
• Excellent English language verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to:
i. personal well-being;
ii. healthy and safe workplaces and activities; and
iii. continuously improve WorleyParsons health, safety and environmental performance.
• Deliver quality services and demonstrate a commitment to understand and meet customer needs.
• Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to achieving the OneWay Vision and its associated requirements.
• Act in the best interests of WorleyParsons at all times.
• Perform any other duties that are reasonably required from time to time.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the subject line please indicate job title.