WorleyParsons has been delivering engineering and project management services to the global hydrocarbons industry for over sixty years. Our full-scope global project services span the entire asset lifecycle from the initial conceptual phase of major Greenfield developments to ongoing asset services and brownfield modifications projects.
WorleyParsons has been awarded a five year contract for Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management services for BP-operated assets in Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey.
We are currently looking for an experienced Instrument Engineer, Control and Instrumentation to join our Baku office.
• The engineer shall have the ability to carry out engineering design of instrumentation and control systems on Oil and Gas projects and ensure the design is in accordance with international codes of practice (ISA/ASME/IEC etc.) and BP Engineer specifications, using manual calculations and experience. The Engineer shall have adequate experience to adopt a practical approach to instrument and control system design problems and be familiar with the requirements/interactions of other engineering and design disciplines.
KEY Accountabilities Of Position:
• Experience in Working with large multinational oil and gas companies
• Co-ordination with other disciplines.
• Responsible for safe working practices both personally and for the designers in the team, using the WorleyParsons One-way framework.
• Responsible for personal safety and safe working practices. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to work autonomously.
• Manage Value Improvement Processes including Design to Capacity, Value Engineering and Risk Workshops. Perform process optimisation studies and technology selection in pre-FEED including facilitating Value Engineering workshops.
• Develop and update Engineering Standards as well as Technical specifications.
• Capable of performing process selection, concept and FEED through to Detailed Design and EPC (including commissioning and initial start-up procedures and operating manuals) for major greenfield developments and associated brownfield integrations, upgrades and troubleshooting/debottlenecking.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Knowledge of Industry Codes especially ISA / ASME / NEC / BS etc.
• Experience in design calculation such as Orifice calculation / Control valve sizing / Voltage drop calculation.
• Experience in develop Instrument Data Sheets / Instrument Index / IO Schedule
• Review / develop Design deliverables such as Cable schedule / Hook Up
• Computer skills in relevant packages including databases, spreadsheets and word processing packages.
• Well developed report writing skills.
• Resolve complex, ambiguous or special cases not adequately covered by design guides.
• Ability to determine the advantages and disadvantages and relative costs of alternative design concepts and establish preferred concepts. Demonstrating continual improvement in the execution of work.
• Understanding of design deliverables required for Conceptual, FEED and Detailed Design, establishing appropriate level of detail and checking required for each phase.
• Competently review and comment on vendor data for a wide range of equipment and packages and, demonstrate the ability to plan and implement design activities to allow timely availability of and incorporation of vendor information into the design.
• Proactive approach in managing design activities to reduce overall project costs and durations.
• Promote cost reduction and productivity enhancing initiatives.
• Can mentor younger engineer who would like to learn instrumentation engineering.
• Minimum of 4+ years’ experience in Instrumentation and Control Engineering.
Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
• Degree in Instrumentation Engineering
• Excellent English language verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to:
i. personal well-being;
ii. healthy and safe workplaces and activities; and
iii. continuously improve WorleyParsons health, safety and environmental performance.
• Deliver quality services and demonstrate a commitment to understand and meet customer needs.
• Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to achieving the OneWay Vision and its associated requirements.
• Act in the best interests of WorleyParsons at all times.
• Perform any other duties that are reasonably required from time to time.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the subject line please indicate job title.