Job Title: Technical Translator (6 Month Fixed Term Contract)
Location: Baku, Azerbaijan.
A vacancy has arisen for a Technical Translator position as part of the onshore Business Unit.
The Technical Translator who reports to Rig Optimization Engineer is responsible for translation of the necessary technical documentation, work guidelines, ad-hoc documents from English Language to Azerbaijani and vice-versa.
Primary responsibilities of the role are (but not limited to):
• Provide verbal and written translations of necessary documentation such as work guidelines regulations, standards, procedures, minutes of meetings, incoming and outgoing correspondence, etc. from English language to Azerbaijani and vice-versa ensuring the high-quality performance during the process of translation.
• Revise and edit written translations.
• Perform the duties to meet the requirements of Quality & Safety Standards.
• Assist the line Supervisor when and as required.
Key personal attributes and skills required:
• University Degree in English language.
• 5+ years of experience as Technical Translator.
• Excellent written and verbal language skills in English, Azerbaijani, Russian.
• Excellent Computer Skills (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft PPW).
• Proactivity and ability to meet strict deadlines.
• Ability to prioritize work and work under pressure.
• Ability to present to large group of people.
• Knowledge of grammar and stylistics of Azerbaijani and English languages.
• Ability to work with new material or information.
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to work in a busy environment.
If you feel you have the skills, experience and approach necessary to perform this role please apply in writing or email, attaching an up to date CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight April 16th, 2017.
Late application will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Important: Please reflect the name of applied position in the subject of email.