Offshore Materials Coordinator
About PD&MS Group
PD&MS Group is recognised as a provider of safe, effective, and cost efficient design and engineering services to the oil and gas, drilling, production and marine industries. PD&MS focus on brownfield engineering, including upgrades to platforms and rigs. Services include project design, design verification and management, structural, piping, mechanical, HVAC, and electrical / instrumentation design, upgrades and modifications, inspection, auditing and engineering support. PD&MS Group has UK operations in Aberdeen, Dundee, and Great Yarmouth, and international offices in Azerbaijan and Brazil.
In order to support an upcoming Outage offshore, PD&MS Group are looking for an experienced temporary Offshore Materials Coordinator to join the team based offshore in Baku, Azerbaijan.
The role will be based offshore on a 2/2 week rotation and will manage all aspects of buying with regards to acquisition cost, delivery and continuous improvement. Expedites delivery of material ensuring full traceability and compliance with offshore shipping procedures.
Candidates should have significant previous experience in a similar role and must have offshore experience.
Preference will be given to candidates from Azerbaijan.
• Provide training and guidance to other purchasing personnel as required
• Effective communication with suppliers to achieve required service and meet project need
• Effective communication with engineers to assist and/or guide them in the preparation of material requisitions
• Accurately analyse and evaluate quotes from vendors
• Meetings with vendors and suppliers
• Prepare weekly and ad hoc reports as required
• Assist supply chain management as required
• Plan and control deliveries, including returns
• Ensure compliance with applicable Industry Codes and Standards, HSE Alerts, Statutory Instruments, Client Specifications and Legislative Requirements and establishing order of precedence on a project-by-project basis
• Expedite PD&MS raised Purchase Orders and Client Purchase Orders as required
• Ensure all databases are updated and materials are receipted in a timely manner
• Ensure all materials management activities are completed in time for shipment of materials to relevant sites
• Monitor ‘Hire Tracker’ Register for all rental items.
• Track all materials ‘held onshore’ until items are shipped to final location
• Liaise / interface with Clients, Sub-contractors, Vendors and Certifying Authorities on project related issues
• Engagement with and coordination of third party inspection requirements, e.g. rental plant and equipment
• Coordination with internal audit programmes
• Demonstration of safe approach in working practises
• Encouragement of attention to safety
• Responsible for ensuring professional development is maintained and identified competency requirements are undertaken in a timely manner
• Adherence to the Company Integrated Management System
• Compliance with quality assurance, health and safety and environmental policies
• Raise issues of quality, health, safety and environmental and input to continuous quality improvement element.
• Demonstrate PD&MS QHSE principles
• Ensure unsafe activities are challenged
• Adherence to the requirements of the best practice standards recommendations and processes in the undertaking of duties
• Demonstrate PD&MS values
Essential qualifications and experience
• Minimum of 3 years offshore experience in similar role
• Minimum of 3 standard grades at grade 3 or higher or equivalent
• Competent in the use of MS Office applications
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Offshore Medical
How to apply
To apply please e-mail your detailed CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title and reference number (Ref: 577) in the subject box